We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own e-commerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
- Top 50 Best Workplaces in America – Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
- • Top Work Places 2018 – San Diego Union Tribune
We’re looking for a Content Producer like you!
Not only are you always ahead on what’s trending, you’re the person behind making content go viral! Smashtech is looking for an experienced, skilled and resourceful jack-of-all-trades Content Producer to produce, create, and edit compelling photo and video content for our in house brands, starting with our health brand SkinnyFit plus many more soon to launch.
You are obsessed about creating shareable viral content and have an engaging presence on social media pages. You possess excellent photography, writing, editing, and video software skills, and an understanding of successfully promoting digital content online. If you have a MacGyver-like ability to assess situations and make things happen with the tools at your disposal, contact us right away! To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
- Produce original content: Includes social media posts, promotional photography and videos, explanatory videos, interviews, features, and other content exclusive to social media platforms.
- Manage and organize the content library: Videos and photographs must be labeled properly and kept organized in the content management system and library.
- Produce videos quickly, test/develop new strategies, and keep up with a fast-paced production schedule.
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types
- Make effective, creative, fun, social-driven, and conversion driven assets and videos that people will like and share across our platforms
- Keep track of viral trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- Work closely with the Marketing team to pitch and produce content that is designed for conversion.
- Collaborate with other content producers to execute ideas on time and under budget
What Makes You Awesome
- Bachelor’s Degree in video production, graphic design, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of photography, video production and editing experience, required
- Proven experience with all aspects of video creation (DSLR’s, Premiere Pro, lighting, audio recording etc.)
- Extremely proficient with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop
- Ability to get millions of views on content using best practices
- A passion for sharing lifestyle content that’s entertaining and inclusive, but never prescriptive.
- The ability to think analytically about social sharing to create videos that are made to be shared.
- An eye for catchy, shareable stories
- Strong researching, writing, photography, photo editing, and video editing skills
- Animation skills a plus
- Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
- Ability work on tight deadlines
- Interest in entertainment, pop culture, health and wellness
- Ability to quickly to generate memes and video clips
- Predict social trends before they happen
*Reel and portfolio required
What Makes You Extra Awesome
+1 Smash point – if you are passionate about health and wellness
+5 Smash points – if you can show us Buzzfeed Tasty or Bon Appétit style recipe videos and photos you’ve produced
+1,000,000 Smash points – If you can show us some of your content that has spread like wildfire and have gotten over 1M views
What We Offer
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but they come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A-game’ to the table, here’s what we can give you:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Health benefits with 50% employer contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Fully-paid company vacation
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Company discount on Apple products
- Free, fully-stocked pantry with food, drinks, and snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free monthly parking
- Free gym membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free catered lunches on Fridays
- Free monthly social activities
7 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- Gorgeous, custom-built, bright office with floor to ceiling glass windows, hardwood floors, and ocean views. We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego with 4,000 square feet of open office space— no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes weekly fitness challenges, company bikes, a video game lounge, a cornhole toss set, a beer pong table, lovesacs, and an outdoor terrace.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent— if not daily—interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve— our team members constantly have the chance to make a difference and create a huge impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in our team with personal and professional development, to provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
- And most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration.
Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!
APPLY NOW! WE ARE INTERVIEWING THIS WEEK.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!