We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own e-commerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
- Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018, 2019 – Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
- Top WorkPlaces 2018 – San Diego Union Tribune
We’re looking for a Customer Care Supervisor like you!
At Smashtech, the customer is at the heart of everything that we do and our Customer Care team is on the front lines in our contact center. If you’re an enthusiastic CC Supervisor with strong leadership qualities and a skill for giving feedback and developing your staff members, and available to work flexible hours (including weekends), this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
As the Customer Care Supervisor reporting to our Customer Care Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of our world-class customer service team. This is a player/ coach role requiring hands on leadership and attention to detail.The ideal candidate must possess great communication skills and be able to lead and motivate a diverse team. You will be organized and reliable as well as results-oriented. If you have B2C e-commerce experience, you’ll fit in great!
- Along with the Customer Care manager, lead day-to-day operations of a world-class customer care team
- Assist with hiring and on-boarding of new team members
- Oversee Customer Care Platforms as Admins
- Limelight CRM
- InContact CCS
- Sprout Social
- Zendesk Chat and Email
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to employees
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy
- Prepares warnings and communicates effectively with employees on warnings and makes effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as needed
- Organize workflow and ensure that team members understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Overcomes complaints and resolve problems
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
- Prepare and submit performance reports/monthly scorecards
- Lead team meetings and one on one meetings
- Be active in leadership workshops and seminars
- Improve processes and systems to maintain top level customer service
- Provide level of discretion appropriate with the position
- Maintain relationships with vendors/clients and other internal and external teams associated with the CC department
- Identify and develop potential successors
What Makes You Awesome
- At least 2 years’ experience as a supervisor in a contact center
- Proven experience leading teams
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with California Labor Laws
What Will Help You Stand Out & Get Hired
+1 Smash point – if you’re passionate about health and wellness and have experience in this industry
+50,000 Smash points – If you have experience using our key platforms- Zendesk, Five9, Limelight CRM and Sprout Social.
+1,000,000 Smash points – if you can tell us why emotional intelligence is important in leadership
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
What you can expect from us
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work From Home Policy
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Team and Company Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city.
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!