We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own ecommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’ve been featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country, twice. And this is just the beginning.
• Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017, 2018 – Inc. Magazine
• Best Places to Work 2016, 2017 & 2018 – San Diego Business Journal
We’re looking for a Junior Copywriter like you!
Do you use the power of words to influence people to take action? We’re looking for an all star Junior Copywriter with a track record of success in writing copy that generates revenue, drives readers to act, and pushes brands forward.
If you are obsessed with performance-driven marketing and love creating a strong brand story that entices customers to stop, listen, and act, this is the ideal position for you. As a Junior Copywriter, you will conceptualize, write, and produce highly effective direct response materials as well as branded assets across multiple channels. If you’ve written powerful copy for health, wellness, or beauty brands, you might just be our dream candidate!
What you’ll do:
• Develop copy and overarching concepts for the fast-paced world of Direct Response. You’ll develop a strong understanding of the methods, tactics, and strategies behind DR
• Partner with a stellar team of designers and content producers to create new marketing materials across several media – digital, mail, print, and video
• Translate marketing strategy and objectives into creative that generates strong response rate
• Write clear, compelling copy for brand materials such as packaging labels, claims documents, product descriptions, etc.
• Blog, blog, blog. You’ll have the awesome opportunity to publish unique content several times a week, ranging from short, current trends posts to longer, SEO content
• Dig into research, interview experts, and stay up-to-date on the latest health and beauty trends
• Respond quickly to requests while maintaining high standards
What makes you awesome:
• You have a minimum of 2-3 years of professional copywriting experience
• You have a proven track record of producing compelling copy across multiple platforms such as brand websites, emails, and blogs. Packaging experience is a plus, but not required
• You can comfortably deliver copywriting within constraints of the medium and channel they will be displayed in
• You’re familiar with web content best practices, including SEO, web publishing, and uploading content into a content management system
• You’re able to think strategically and work collaboratively with a team
• You have amazing organizational and time-management skills
• You’re able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
• You are eager to learn and grow
• You welcome direction, but are also a self-starter and are ready and willing to jump in and take the lead when needed
What makes you extra awesome:
+1 Smash point – if you’re passionate about health and wellness
+5 Smash points – if you can send us a sample of the highest converting asset you wrote
+100,000,000 Smash points – if your copy is so compelling people stop in their tracks and take action to purchase, sign up, subscribe, etc.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
What We Offer
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits with 75% Employer Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Paid Company Vacation
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Company Discount on Apple Products
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Free Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city.
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Apply below!
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!