We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own e-commerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
• Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018, 2019 – Inc. Magazine
• Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
• Top WorkPlaces 2018 – San Diego Union Tribune
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant like you!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of transactional, reconciliation and other accounting activities. Functions include AP, credit card reconciliations, expense report processing, inventory tracking and supporting the Jr.Controller with ad-hoc projects. The successful candidate will have a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude, be able to balance multiple projects, and ready to prosper in a fast-paced environment.
A day in the life of Smashtech Staff Accountant:
- Responsible for end to end process of accounts payable such as entering invoices into the system, reviewing invoice GL coding and processing payment
- Record credit card transactions and obtain relevant supporting documents
- Review and process employee expense reports consistent with the company’s expense policy
- Track, analyze and reconcile physical inventory, maintains an accurate monthly inventory stock ledger report.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management department to ensure accurate inventory
- Perform account reconciliations related to accounts payable, credit card accounts and clearing accounts
- Maintain vendor file including setting up new vendors and obtaining the relevant documentation such as W9
- Prepare 1099 forms and other relevant filings
- Assist with month end close and special projects as needed
What makes you awesome:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent, currently pursuing the CPA designation is a plus
- 1+ year experience in a mixed accounts payable, general accounting and/or inventory accounting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels within the organization.
- Experience in accounting systems (e.g. QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, TaxJar) with advanced Excel skills
- High EQ, trustworthy with confidential information and last but not least a fun-loving personality
What you can expect from us:
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work From Home Policy
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Team and Company Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city.
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!