We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
• Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018 – Inc. Magazine
• Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
• Top Work Places 2018 – San Diego Union Tribune
We’re looking for a skilled QA Specialist like you!
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for supporting Production, R&D, Quality Assurance and Quality Control with the primary focus of ensuring that our products meet strict quality standards throughout the entire supply chain.
Do you enjoy being an integral part of a company and have an organized, attention-to-detail mind? If so, read on.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you will work with a fast-paced and ever-evolving Product Development and Supply Chain team to develop and implement quality controls for a wide array of products. You’re a highly organized and analytical person who enjoys the science behind everyday, cutting edge health and wellness products. You are a self-starter who enjoys building professional relationships and maintaining them through regular communication.
If you have a passion for healthy living and a desire to provide safe, effective, innovative products to all, this might be the role for you.
- Support Quality Control Manager, Supply Chain, and Product Development ensuring quality and regulatory requirements are met (i.e., cGMP, CFRs, Food Safety, etc.).
- Identify and implement quality system enhancements to maintain third party quality system certification and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintaining the supplier/vendor qualification and re-qualification management program. This will also include 3rd party testing and services.
- Tracking customer complaints, ensuring related investigations, corrective, and preventive actions are verified /completed in a timely manner. Verify that all complaints are being documented and tracked according to their severity.
- Prepare, revise, review and approve, as necessary, SOPs and related documentation per company change control policies, ensuring compliance, efficiency and clarity.
- Internal audits, ensuring facility and department audit readiness.
- Maintain regulatory certificates/documentation for Domestic and International Suppliers/Manufacturers.
- Maintain SDS (Safety Data Sheets) library for all products.
- Maintain/request Quality Agreements and Vendor related Contracts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Public Health, Life Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cGMP environment, such as Dietary Supplements, Pet Products, Drugs, Cosmetics, or Medical Devices.
- PCQI Certified (Human, Animal, or both)
- HACCP (Preferred)
- PCQI Certified (Human, Animal, or both)
- Quality Audit (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of system-related cGMPs, 21 CFR, and SOPs
- Computer skills to include full competence with MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Proofreading and writing skills (reports, SOPs, protocols, etc.)
- Strong emphasis on the ability to read, understand, write and communicate in English
- Ability to interact professionally with various departments, team members, as well as vendors
- Must have a good interpersonal and communication skill in English, understand both oral and written instructions and be detail oriented.
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your ideas in a way that resonates with your team and other departments, while being receptive to feedback and direction
- Excellent creativity and collaboration – ability to brainstorm, share your design perspective, work across teams, and bring an idea to life
- Product Packaging Design (dielines, typography, knowledge of legally required info)
- Familiar with Printing Processes (silk screening, offset, foil transfer, etc)
- Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of chaos. You are able to juggle multiple projects while effectively manage timelines and expectations.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, attentive to deadlines, details, organization, and an effective time manager
- You are easy to work with and never say “That’s not my job.”
What Will Help You Stand Out & Get Hired
+1 Smash point – if you can tell us why emotional intelligence is important for a collaborative work environment
+50,000 Smash points – if you can show us a high converting eCommerce online storefront you designed
+1,000,000 Smash points – if you have experience working with multiple large health and wellness brands
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
What We Offer:
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits with 75% employer contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Paid Company Vacation
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Company Discount on Apple Products
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long *
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Free Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team:
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!