We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
- Top 50 Best Workplaces in America – Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Graphic Designer like you!
Can you design something that provokes action? Are you a design chameleon who can switch mindsets, styles, and formats in the blink of an eye? Do you know your design tools like the back of your hand? If so, read on.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will work with a kickass content and marketing team in creating leading edge design and layouts for a variety of digital marketing projects. You’re a versatile creative who thrives in fast-paced environments and can do graphic design, packaging design, web design, photography, videography, and anything else that requires creativity. But, you also believe that great design goes beyond beauty and you constantly desire to drive a response– everything from getting someone to add something to cart, to designing packaging so arresting, people would want to display it on their shelves.
If you’re a performance oriented designer who can influence every customer interaction we have and are obsessed with every data point we collect, this might be the role for you.
- 5+ years as a designer in integrated marketing design-related field at a design/interactive agency or in-house team.
- Strong eCommerce design background, health & wellness or beauty industry preferred.
- An understanding of Direct Response and how it applies to web and consumer brands
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and able to work within brand guidelines to design logos, icons, infographics, interaction models, wireframes, or screen mockups and establish the look and feel for various health and wellness brands’ digital presence, while being able to resize them for different devices — tablet, mobile, and web
- You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including Product Packaging Design and Website Graphic Design Experience
- Bonus points if you know your way around front-end technologies
What makes you extra Awesome
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your ideas in a way that resonates with your team and other departments, while being receptive to feedback and direction
- Excellent creativity and collaboration – ability to brainstorm, share your design perspective, work across teams, and bring an idea to life
- Product Packaging Design (dielines, typography, knowledge of legally required info)
- Familiar with Printing Processes (silk screening, offset, foil transfer, etc)
- Have both the innate ability to think strategically and influence others as well as the ability to maintain focus and momentum in the midst of chaos. You are able to juggle multiple projects while effectively manage timelines and expectations.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, attentive to deadlines, details, organization, and an effective time manager
- You are easy to work with and never say “That’s not my job.”
What Will Help You Stand Out & Get Hired
+1 Smash point – if you can tell us why emotional intelligence is important for a collaborative work environment
+50,000 Smash points – if you can show us a high converting eCommerce online storefront you designed
+1,000,000 Smash points – if you have experience working with multiple large health and wellness brands
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
What We Offer
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but they come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A-game’ to the table, here’s what we can give you:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Health benefits with 75% employer contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Fully-paid company vacation
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Company discount on Apple products
- Free, fully-stocked pantry with food, drinks, and snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free monthly parking
- Free gym membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free catered lunches on Fridays
- Free monthly social activities
7 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- Gorgeous, custom-built, bright office with floor to ceiling glass windows, hardwood floors, and ocean views. We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego with 4,000 square feet of open office space— no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes weekly fitness challenges, company bikes, a video game lounge, a cornhole toss set, a beer pong table, lovesacs, and an outdoor terrace.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent— if not daily—interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve— our team members constantly have the chance to make a difference and create a huge impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in our team with personal and professional development, to provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
- And most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration.
Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!