We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
• Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018 – Inc. Magazine
• Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
• Top Work Places 2018 – San Diego Union Tribune
We’re Looking for a Senior Financial Analyst like You!
This rockstar Senior Financial Analyst will help identify trends and propose solutions that will further accelerate the skyrocketing subscriber growth of Smashtech’s brands. This position supports the finance team and entire organization in identifying and optimizing all revenue and expense streams, ranging from paid marketing, to fulfillment and contact center channels.
The role requires someone who is constantly asking “why.” This person loves to tell a story with data, is comfortable exploring large amounts of information and seeks to be resourceful. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the VP of Finance.
- Build out existing business intelligence tool or lead us to better platform
- Develop data warehousing methodology and coordinate with other analysts for best data aggregation methods across various tools
- Build out monthly financial analysis and trend reports to support the business (particularly around revenue, inventory, operations, media, and marketing)
- Coordinate with other departments and analysts to flush out full story, trends, and provide insights to the business
- Ensure data accuracy and operational excellence of key reports
- Create business case and scenario analyses using advanced data modeling and mining techniques
- Conduct pricing analysis and identify target price points/trade-offs
- Build Google Sheet forecast and other models into data flow, utilizing other tools as needed for efficiency
- 3+ years relevant experience implementing and leading build-out of business intelligence tools with 2+ years experience in FP&A
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, finance, social science or another field that uses quantitative analysis (e.g., mathematics, engineering) or equivalent practical experience
- Expert level knowledge of Domo or other BI tool and comfortable with weighing pros/cons of different tools on the market
- Logical reasoning and quantitative experience in an internal CRM or database and other external publisher data sources
- You’re an excel wizard– meaning you have advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to take on new tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to pivot quickly based on organizational needs
What We Offer:
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits with 75% employer contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Paid Company Vacation
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Company Discount on Apple Products
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long *
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Free Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team:
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
APPLY NOW! WE ARE INTERVIEWING THIS WEEK.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!