We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
- Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018 – Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
We’re looking for an experienced Supply Chain Director like you!
We’re one of the fastest growing eCommerce brand building companies in San Diego and we’re looking for someone who won’t just keep up, but keep us ahead of the curve.
We’re looking for a passionate, driven, and visionary leader with track-record of performance in building best-in-class supply chain systems to take our brands to the next level. The Supply Chain Director will lead the Supply Chain function for Smashtech’s brands including demand/supply planning, inventory control, distribution, production planning, and logistics.
As we scale our domestic and global network of suppliers and build more eCommerce brands, our customers will continue to evolve. It will be your responsibility to keep our operations ahead, balancing the needs of our customers, online marketplaces, and operational expenses.
If leading operations management with global responsibilities and working closely with Sales, Marketing, Development, and Finance teams is your expertise, you’re just the man/woman for the job. We’re gearing up for hyper growth. Are you ready for the next big step in your career?
- Assess and develop strategies around supply chain initiatives that address short-term needs in each market while supporting a longer-term strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain executive level supplier relationships.
- Ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, by establishing capacity plans with suppliers.
- Manage customer delivery risk by holding suppliers and team accountable to execute to commitments and lead time.
- Take a customer-centric approach to all initiatives, questioning assumptions and convention. Consider the business needs for the next 6-12 months vs the next 2-3 years, and builds towards that goal.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor global program plans and integrate/coordinate the regional executions.
- Lead execution of daily processes with maniacal attention to detail purchase inventory, troubleshoot problem items, and track orders to 100% accuracy
• Develop our next generation supply chain systems, working with our engineers to prioritize the most impactful improvements
• Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to our fulfillment centers
- Execute program tracking and reporting tools to ensure that the portfolio of projects and initiatives have appropriate visibility and that clear communication of status is timely and transparent.
- Develop strategic solutions to optimize the ordering approach and optimize delivery process
- Ensure associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (e.g. training, mentoring)
- Ongoing management of program interdependencies and close coordination with leaders of the other strategic supply chain and business improvement initiatives.
What makes you awesome:
- 10+ years of Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement, Engineering or relevant functional experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience managing a team
- Successful track record of meeting the project objectives by successfully managing, monitoring, and implementing strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost.
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Experience in eCommerce fulfillment or operations required
- Experience in a subscription based business model a plus
- Subject Matter Expert in project / program management processes and tools with a demonstrated history of success in managing complexity is required.
- Consumer product, health and wellness industry experience in a fast paced environment is preferred.
What makes you extra awesome:
+1 Smash point – if you are passionate about health and wellness
+5 Smash points – if you can tell us why EQ is important in this role
+1,000,000 Smash points – if you have experience in an eCommerce company with a subscription-based business model.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re passionate about results. Our brands reach millions of users per day, so being detail and results oriented is a genuine quality of yours. You believe that performance speaks louder than words and you constantly find ways to outperform yourself.
- You want to keep growing. What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you always face challenges by finding your own solutions. Personal growth to you means growing in skill, knowledge, and emotional intelligence.
- Innovation is your middle name. Our team is inventing and re-inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery, and the ability to see the big opportunities. Whether it’s making your day more productive, or finding better solutions for our brands and customers, you always look to improve. And if you don’t find a way, you make one.
- You live and breathe collaboration. You love working with and learning from different types of people. You appreciate different points of view and understand that everyone plays a part in achieving company goals.
- You work hard and stay humble. We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech. You believe that no task is below you and you’re eager to roll up your sleeves and get to work!
What We Offer
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits with 75% Employer Contribution (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Paid Company Vacation
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Company Discount on Apple Products
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Free Monthly Social Activities
7 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!
APPLY NOW! WE ARE INTERVIEWING THIS WEEK.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!