We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
- Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017-2018 – Inc. Magazine
- Best Places to Work 2016 & 2017 – San Diego Business Journal
We’re looking for an amazing Supply Chain Specialist like you!
Smashtech just keeps on growing and we’re looking for a kickass Supply Chain Specialist to join our amazing team. You will play an essential role in the creation of products from from their inception to completion. Your work will directly impact the entire lifecycle of our brands and ultimately shape the physical product our customers receive in their hands. The successful Supply Chain Specialist suggested system improvements and participates in continual innovation at every level, from product packaging to ingredients and transport.
We’re looking for an experienced Supply Chain Specialist who is able to maintain an eagle eye’s view on production and then quickly switch to focusing on the minute details of a project. You are a person who loves logistics. You notice novel product packaging while shopping and appreciate the creative minds behind it. The perfect candidate performs well under pressure, has an analytical mind, and a love for the natural health industry.
A day in the life:
- Determines best fit manufacturers based on their lead times, locations and certifications.
- Coordinates inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials, components, and finished goods in conjunction with demand forecasting
- Coordinates all receiving and bulk shipments to and from multiple distribution centers
- Makes recommendations for new standard operating procedures.
- Identifies areas of improvement to ensure supply chain efficiency
- Analyzes inventory and sales data to identify problematic areas and suggests improvements
- Forecasts weekly, monthly, and bi annual inventory demands and submits PO requests
- Assists in product sourcing and contract negotiation
- Collaborates with entire supply chain team to ensure projects are moving forward
- Maintains awareness of current product initiatives
- Assists in the auditing of manufacturers information including third party lab testing and acquisition of compliance documents
- Creates and maintains filing systems for certification requirements and inspections
- Works to coordinate and resolve fulfillment issues regarding existing and new products
- Writes and analyzes purchase orders, invoices, supply requests and pending orders
- Communicate fulfillment timelines to all involved teams
- Communicates with vendors to address problems, negotiate better terms, and maintain productive relationships
- Maintains records of vendor communication in the event of product concerns related to manufacturing, distribution, or sales
What makes you awesome:
- 2+ years experience in supply chain, e-business, purchasing, logistics, project management, or enterprise resource planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- An analytical mind that loves problem solving, planning and risk assessment
- Consistently and obsessively organized.
- Proficient with excel
- Superior time management skills
- Internally motivated
- Excellent communication skills
What you can expect from us:
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Paid Company Vacation
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Company Discount on Apple Products
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Free Monthly Social Activities
7 unique things about our office & our team:
- A gorgeous, custom-built, bright office with floor to ceiling glass windows, hardwood floors, and ocean views. We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego with 22,000 square feet of open office space – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes weekly fitness challenges, company bikes, video game lounge, corn hole, beer pong, lovesacs and an outdoor terrace
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks
*Employment is full-time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!
*Please attach a cover letter with your application. We can smell a templated letter a mile away, so take it as an opportunity to stand out and tell us why you would be a great addition to the Smashtech team. We can’t wait to be impressed by you.
APPLY NOW! WE ARE INTERVIEWING THIS WEEK.
Are we a fit? Click on the link below to apply!